Mazda MX-5 Miata (Mk1 1989-1997 & Mk2 1998-2001) – The Essential Buyer’s Guide by Carla Crook
The iconic Mazda Miata has been around for 22 years offering a true, top-down, sports car experience. With its 50/50 weight distribution, nimble handling, and simplistic approach to engineering, the Miata MX-5 is inexpensive, easy to maintain, and fun to drive.
Now available is the Essential Buyer’s Guide for the Mk1 (1989 – 1997) and Mk2 (1998 – 2001) generations of the Miata MX-5. The MX-5 is a true testament to itself as the ‘world’s best-selling sports car,’ and with the earlier MkI and MkII available for modest prices, it is the perfect choice as a fun and enjoyable daily driver, a weekend track car, or a project base for a kit car. This book will help you get the MX-5 of your dreams.
Key points about the book:
- Like having a real marque expert at your side – benefit from years of real ownership experience
- Coverage of the MX-5 (Miata/Eunos Roadster) 1989 – 2001 models including special, limited editions and desirable upgrades
- Where and how to buy an MX-5
- Advice on choosing the right model and condition, including those with modifications
- Key checks – how to spot a bad car quickly
- Comprehensive inspection guide with unique scoring system
- In-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses
- Key technical specifications
- Photo illustrations of the important areas to check and foibles to be aware of
- Details of clubs, forums, suppliers and specialists dedicated to the MX-5
- MSRP $19.95