When it comes to safety features, the new Malibu will be one of the best-equipped in the segment. The Malibu will also be pedestrian protection-compliant in all markets where it is sold, and for the first time in North America. Pedestrian protection design in the front of the vehicle reduces the chance of secondary collision between the pedestrian and engine block in car-pedestrian accidents.
The Malibu will also offer these standard and available safety features:
* Dual-stage driver and front passenger air bags
* Driver and front passenger pelvic/thorax side-impact air bags
* Driver and passenger knee air bags
* Roof rail air bags with rollover protection
* Available second-row head/thorax side-impact air bags
* Available lane departure warning system with forward collision alert
* Available rearview camera system
OnStar is also included in Malibu’s safety features and includes Automatic Crash Response, as well as improved voice recognition technology, remote diagnostics, remote door unlock, Stolen Vehicle Slowdown and six months of uplevel Directions and Connections service that includes Turn-By-Turn Navigation.
The new Malibu comes in LS, LT and LTZ trim levels, with 10 exterior colors and four interior color combination choices in North America, depending on the model. Malibu production in the United States begins in early 2012. It will be built in multiple locations around the globe, including the Fairfax, Kan. and Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plants in the United States. Pricing will be announced later this year.
# # #
2013 CHEVROLET MALIBU PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS
- ENGINE: Ecotec 2.5L DOHC I-4 VVT DI
- HORSEPOWER: 190 / 141 @ 6200 estimated, SAE certification pending
- TORQUE: 180 / 245 @ 4500 estimated, SAE certification pending
- TRANSMISSION: Hydra-Matic 6T40 six-speed automatic
Pages: 1 2