Have you ever left behind your favorite CD in a rental car? Sure, we all have. Besides the-music-you-love, what really bizarre items have patrons left behind in their rental cars? Auto Rental News (yes, there is such a website) surveyed their readers to find out the most strange, weird, and bizarre items they have found in their rental car. As an insight into the human character, here were a few notable prize entrees:
1) AFTERBIRTH-Yes, a woman in Ketchikan Alaska gave birth at home and was driven to the hospital in a rental car. The doctor told her to bring along the placenta. Whoops! She left it behind in the trunk.
2) A GOAT’S HEAD-Rental car rule of thumb: never rent a van to a meat dealer. A week after the vehicle was returned, a goat’s head was found in the wheel well.
3) A SEVERED HUMAN HAND-It was found in the trunk of the car. The car was used in the commission of a crime. The police were called and they came and took the severed hand.
4) GUNS- This is a common left behind item for law enforcement officials who usually leave it under the driver’s seat when it becomes uncomfortable to drive with the weapon on their belt.
5) COCAINE- At a car rental place in Canton Ohio, their was a large weekend rental of Cadillac Sedan de Villes. Imagine the egg-on-the-face of one renter who left behind $80,000 worth of cocaine.
What have you found left behind in a rental car? We want to hear about it!