The Let’s Refuel America program offers consumers a combination of the fuel price protection program and additional bonus cash up to $3,000 on available vehicles, including Chrysler PT Cruiser, Dodge Charger, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Dakota and Dodge Ram.
Consumer Economic Solutions
Chrysler has a number of solutions to help our customers during these tough economic times. “Chrysler is committed to providing the best value, and the least worries, for our customers,” said Press.Chrysler’s lineup includes five models for under $20,000 that get 28 miles-per-gallon or better on the highway. To protect consumers from unexpected repair costs in the future, Chrysler models come with the industry’s best powertrain warranty, covering the original owner for the life of the vehicle. And Chrysler has made a number of its most popular options standard on its New Day Package vehicles.
Fuel Economy Solutions
Chrysler currently offers six models that get better than 28 miles-per-gallon on the highway: Chrysler Sebring, Chrysler Sebring Convertible, Dodge Avenger, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot and Dodge Caliber. Through April, the six of these models combined have higher sales than in the first four months of 2007.
The recently-launched 2009 Dodge Journey comes with an available 173-hp four cylinder engine, helping it achieve best in class fuel economy.The Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel 3.0-liter engine provides a class-leading driving range of approximately 450 miles and gets an estimated fuel economy of 18 miles/city and 23 miles/highway for 4×2 models and 17 miles/city and 22 miles/highway for 4×4 models. Outside of North America where fuel-saving diesel engines are in higher demand, Chrysler offers 17 models with diesel powertrains.
This fall, Chrysler will launch in the United States, two new hybrid SUVs, the Dodge Durango Hybrid and Chrysler Aspen Hybrid, boasting a fuel economy improvement of more than 25 percent overall, and 40 percent in the city. In 2010, the Dodge Ram Hybrid will reach the market.
Chrysler is currently in the midst of a $3 billion powertrain investment offensive to develop new fuel-efficient powertrains and axles for our next-generation models.
Chrysler supports the federal government’s new dramatically increased CAFE fuel economy standards, which will increase fuel efficiency by an average of 40 percent by 2020. Recently, Chrysler joined the US Climate Action Partnership, working to find solutions to global greenhouse gas emissions.
Customer Advisory Board
In February, Chrysler created the industry’s first Customer Advisory Board to encourage a direct dialogue with customers and gather insight and feedback. A recent Advisory Board survey generated the following results:
- 76 percent of the community is “very concerned” or “extremely concerned” about fuel prices.
- 83 percent of the community responded that fuel prices will affect their summer vacation plans.
(Note: the poll shows that 19 percent responded “extremely”, 22 percent responded “very much”, 30 percent responded “somewhat”, and 12 percent responded slightly, 17 percent responded that it won’t affect their plans.
The Let’s Refuel America gas card program works when a customer purchases a new and unused Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge vehicle and selects the program in lieu of other available incentives. The customer is provided with the registration process documentation and registers providing their required personal information via the dedicated web site or toll-free 800 number. Once registered, the customer receives their gas card and separately, their Personal Identification Number (PIN) within 4 to 6 weeks of application. The customer then swipes their Let’s Refuel America Gas Card at an eligible gas station, selecting up to 87 octane regular, E85 fuel or diesel fuel, and enters their PIN to begin the fueling process. After the fuel transaction occurs, the customer’s personal credit card (identified in the registration process) is charged $2.99 per gallon.
Let’s Refuel America Eligibility
The following vehicles are eligible for the Let’s Refuel America program:
Dodge Caliber, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible
Dodge Avenger, Chrysler Sebring, Chrysler Sebring Convertible
Dodge Charger, Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum
Dodge Grand Caravan, Chrysler Town and Country
Jeep Patriot, Jeep Compass
Dodge Nitro, Jeep Liberty
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Commander, Dodge Durango, Chrysler Aspen
Dodge Dakota, Dodge Ram, Dodge Ram HD
The following vehicles are not eligible for the Let’s Refuel America program: All SRT models, Dodge Viper, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Ram Chassis Cab, Chrysler Crossfire, Jeep Wrangler and Dodge Sprinter.
Select Program Offer
- $2.99 guaranteed fuel card for up to 3 years
- Offer valid with up to 87 octane regular unleaded fuel, E85 fuel or diesel fuel only, depending upon purchased vehicle*
- Yearly allotment of gallons provided
- Annual gallon allotment ends each year on 7/31 (first year ends 7/31/09
- Easily register via a dedicated web site or by calling designated 1-800 number
- Personalized Let’s Refuel America Gas Card arrives within 4-6 weeks of receipt of application
Use & Save
- Use the Let’s Refuel America Gas Card like any credit card – just swipe and type in your PIN to use
- Check account transactions online
* If mid-grade or premium unleaded fuel is purchased, the customer will be billed for the $2.99 plus $.15 per gallon for mid-grade (88-89 octane) or plus $.30 for premium (90-94 octane). All other grades of fuel higher than 94 octane are not covered under this program and the full pump price will be billed through to the customer plus a $2 service fee per transaction with no gallon usage penalty. If customer purchases unleaded gas (including E85) on a diesel card, or diesel fuel on an unleaded gas card, the customer will be billed the full pump price plus $2 service fee per transaction with no gallon usage penalty.
About Chrysler LLC
Chrysler LLC, headquartered in Auburn Hills, Mich., produces Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge and Mopar® brand vehicles and products. Total sales worldwide in 2007 were 2.68 million vehicles. Sales outside of North America were the highest in a decade with an increase of 15 percent from 2006. The Company’s product lineup features some of the world’s most recognizable vehicles, including the Chrysler 300, Jeep Wrangler and Dodge Charger.
Stuart Schorr / Chrysler LLC
Beverley Thacker / Chrysler LLC
Pages: 1 2