- Gobs of supercharged V8 power
- Surprisingly nimble handling
- Yacht-like interior luxury
- Sublime B&W sound system
- Outdated 6 speed transmission
- Less than roomy interior
- Sluggish touch screen interface
The days of the lumbering land yacht are over, or so it would seem, after driving the new 2011 Jaguar XJL Supercharged. Buying a large luxury sedan like the XJL used to mean lots of cushy, roomy opulence, with the priority firmly placed on pampering over performance. Now, with close to 500 hp under the hood and huge, sticky sports car tires at the corners, this big Jag can do VIP duty in the evening and hit the racetrack the following morning.