By Alex Kramer
- Smooth, powerful supercharged V6
- Remarkable 8-speed automatic transmission
- Well-balanced suspension provides comfort and performance
- Excellent fuel efficiency, especially on the highway
- Gorgeous, distinctive exterior design
- Tons of available technology
- Annoying dashboard squeak
- Rear legroom a bit cramped
- Need to order the Sport Package for paddle shifters and sport suspension
Is it a hatchback? A sportback? A fastback? A 5-door coupe? Whatever you want to call it, the new Audi A7 is one magnificent automobile.
That might seem like an overly strong statement with which to open this review, but every now and then a car comes along that just does so many things well that you have to acknowledge its brilliance from the start. And then when it also offers a truly unique design, you have a car that is simply in a class by itself.