By Alex Kramer
- Potent 1.6L turbocharged engine
- Slick shifting 6 spd manual transmission
- Surprisingly capable handling
- Snappy interior design
- Sub-compact size means limited practicality
- Exterior design is a bit cartoonish
Sometimes it seems like car designers are developing new models simply by taking the existing categories and just scrambling them together. Take the new Juke from Nissan. Styled like a crossover and based on the same B platform as the Versa and Cube, but armed with a potent 1.6 liter turbocharged and direct injected engine, the Juke is unlike any other car on the road today.
On paper the concept of a sub-compact sport crossover seems almost goofy, but after spending some time behind the wheel of the Juke, we can’t help but be impressed. This little micro-ute is just a ton of fun to drive.