Review by Gary Chan
- Great fuel economy
- Sure footed all-wheel drive handling
- Sport mode that really increases responsiveness
- Center rail is intrusive and limits loading options
- Engine noise from the turbo-4 when accelerating
- Premium sticker price for a non-premium car
I finally had the opportunity to drive a MINI and this one had 4-doors and all-wheel drive! Boy was this car an attention getter. Wherever I went it garnered comments and stares: my neighbor remarked, “I’m jealous … yours looks more aggressive than mine [2-door Cooper S].” People at church stopped to assess the body and look at the interior, and one kid jumped in and said the interior was “cool”.