More Expert Reviews
|2011 Corvette Z06
|2011 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Specs|
By Alex Kramer
- If 505 hp isn’t enough for you, seek help
- With tires as wide as oil drums, lateral grip is abundant
- Hit them hard and the carbon-ceramic brakes will stand the car on its nose
- Surprisingly decent fuel efficiency for such a big engine
- Iconic exterior design definitely looks the part of an all-out sports car
- Suspension gets unsettled over rough pavement
- Embarrassing interior for a $100k car
- Requires a racetrack to fully explore the performance potential
Sometimes the weather can be cruel. Very cruel. Especially when you are scheduled to test one of the fastest production cars available for under $100k and the forecast calls for lots of rain and cold temperatures. Sure, rolling up to the multiplex in a car that can run with Ferraris and Lamborghinis is kinda cool, but oh what would we have given for some nicer testing conditions.
The car in question is the 2011 Chevrolet Corvette ZO6. With a 505 hp 7.0 L V8 engine, a sub 4 second 0-60 time, and a sticker price starting around $70k, the ZO6 has offered supercar levels of performance at a budget price since 2006. Although now eclipsed by the Corvette ZR1, which was reborn in 2009 with a supercharged engine making an astounding 638 hp, the ZO6 is still one of the fastest machines on the road today, especially for the money.