- Smooth and quiet ride
- Clean, well-built interior
- Great sounding media center with 40 GB hard drive
- Excellent value
- 2.4 L 4-cylinder engine needs more pep
- Disappointing fuel efficiency
- Steering is a bit numb and the handling rather soft
- Exterior design needs updating
It’s been a long time since Dodge made a sedan good for more than rental fleet duty. From the K-cars of the 80’s to the more recent Intrepid and Stratus models, driving a Dodge sedan has rarely inspired much excitement.
With a name like the Avenger, you’d expect Dodge’s current mid-size sedan to offer at least some level of performance and style. Unfortunately, when it was released in 2008 the Avenger displayed the same mediocre performance, cheap interior, and generally underwhelming design as its predecessors, and the most likely place you’ll find an Avenger is at your local Enterprise or Budget.